Ocala, FL – Operation: Cigars For Warriors reached a significant milestone on May 12th, 2002 – 10 years in operation as a charity
devoted to deployed military service members. As a Platinum-level
certified charity (verified by GuideStar), CFW operates with the highest ethical standards of transparency and accountability.
There are many amazing memories and milestones to celebrate over the prior decade, but seven in particular stand out:
● The first organization to take Cigars for Warriors on as their primary charity. The C.A.T.S. Community has brought massive cigar and cash donations, great raffle prizes donated, and the primary source for new volunteers for the first 5 years. Now a large number of clubs and organizations that have CFW as their primary or secondary charity priority.
● The first news article covering Cigars for Warriors appeared in Cigar Press, who to this date still sends magazines to CFW for the troops, and still donates 3 pages to the charity. This opened the door to additional earned media opportunities including magazines and (50+) podcasts over the last decade that have dramatically improved the charity’s visibility.
● The CFW Donation Center Program – Smoker’s Haven in Lubbock, Tx, was the first store that took a chance on CFW, which led to over 600 stores over the years that have joined the CFW community.
● The Event Coordinator Program – The first non-Founder volunteer that joined the program, was SSG Chris Preetorious, who eventually became the charity’s first Military Liaison Director. Chris continues to assist at events on a regular basis.
● The “millionth cigar shipped” in 2019 – a truly remarkable accomplishment for the charity. As of this writing, tCigars for Warriors is already well on its way to the second million with nearly 1.3 million cigars shipped.
● The launch of the Synergy Program, dramatically leveraging the power of the relationships between retailers, manufacturers and the charity to “do good while doing well”. Major successes include collaborations with Hiram & Solomon’s Live2Serve, Caldwell Cigars’s Mad MoFo “Long Live the King” and most recently The Nubber and Ventura Cigars “The Operator” (due to be released this month).
● 2020 “Charity of the Year” award from Cigar Trophy/Cigar Journal.
Despite the dramatic increase in premium cigar sales over the past two years, the restrictions on social gatherings and events have dramatically affected the charity’s ability to operate and collect both monetary and physical donations. As festival season accelerates, CFW asks for your
generosity and support in helping us reinvigorate our financial and operational health. Monetary donations can be made here. Information on how to donate cigars is here.
Additionally, CFW is announcing a formal challenge to share videos and photos of past events as part of a project to capture the most amazing moments of the charity’s history over the prior decade. Post your memories on social media using the hashtag #CFW10YRS or send photos directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Storm Boen, Chairman and CEO of Operation: Cigars for Warriors said:
“Ten years ago, we took on the challenge of serving deployed men and women – providing moments of comfort and relaxation in the midst of incredible hardship. Bonds are forged in the moments of
camaraderie that sharing cigars creates.
CFW and our servicemen and women are deeply grateful for the generous donations and tireless efforts of our volunteers, sponsors and partners to support this worthy cause, and we are deeply committed to
continuing this mission and expanding our ability to serve.”